24hr Emergency Claims Number:
(This number is only for reporting new claims.)
You can report a claim during regular business hours by contacting us at:
Main number: 416.510.1177
Toll Free Number: 1.877.427.8683
Fax number: 416.862.2416
WHAT TO DO
If you experience an AUTO claim or loss:
- Remain Calm
- Make detailed notes of the accident and if possible take photos
- You must promptly notify your insurance company of the circumstances along with any names, and addresses of witnesses and injured parties.
- Promptly notify the police if:
- someone is hurt,
- you think the other driver may be guilty of a Criminal Code offence such as drunk driving,
- there is significant property damage,
- or if your auto was stolen.
- Take reasonable steps to protect the auto and its equipment from further damage.
- Your insurance company will pay you to take reasonable steps to protect the auto from further damage
If you experience a PROPERTY claim or loss:
- Promptly notify your insurance company of the circumstances and details of the loss.
- Notify the police if there was a theft or other criminal act.
- Notify the credit card or fund transfer companies in case of a loss involving credit cards or transfer cards.
- Protect the property from further loss. Make reasonable repairs necessary to protect the property from further loss and keep an accurate record of repair expenses.
- Keep the damaged property for inspection by the insurance company’s representative
- Your insurance policy will contain other duties and requirements, such as but not limited to cooperating with the insurance company and its investigation, promptly turning over copies of legal notices, etc. See your policy for a complete listing of all of your duties